Friday 13th – Sunday 15th November 2015, North Cornwall, UK
Learn how to promote and market your book and writing during this intensive 3 day/2 night book marketing retreat in the beautiful North Cornwall countryside. Retreats start on Friday evening and end on Sunday afternoon. Arrival is at 3pm on Friday and the first session begins at 4.30 with afternoon tea.
This tutored retreat for authors and writers focuses on the world of online marketing and is perfect for all authors who are expected to get out there and sell their work themselves.
Comprising four tutored sessions covering the following broad areas:
- Finding your audiences. Every author has multiple audiences, not just the one that buys their books. Understanding the other audiences and how they can help get your book into the hands of the purchasing public is essential to success.
- Understanding what works to sell your books and why. We all need to track what works and what doesn’t. Often called analytics this session will focus on how we understand which actions have the greatest effect.
- Getting to grips with Amazon. Amazon is the behemoth of the book selling world and this session will focus on what we know about the way Amazon works and what it takes to get your book to show up on Amazon to the right audience regularly.
- List building tools and techniques. Every author needs a list of people who are interested in what they have to say and the books they are writing. This session will focus on how you build a list with online and offline marketing techniques.
All though the book marketing retreat is focused on the web it also takes account of many offline marketing techniques as well, especially where they can be combined and support online activities.
Small groups of just 3/4 participants allows the structure of each weekend to be fluid, meeting the needs of all participant and ensuring everyone gains the most from their weekend away.
Every session is practical and hands-on. By the end of the weekend you will have a six month plan to follow and bags of experience under your belt.
What does the retreat cost?
All meals and hot or cold (soft) drinks are included in the cost. For brave souls there is a hot tub on the patio. You can choose to pay in full immediately or pay a 25% deposit – remainder due 6 weeks prior to the start of the retreat.
You can book online by filling in the form below or by calling Linda on 07786 433010.
- Shared room (twin beds) – £295
Single room – £325 – Full Double room with en-suite – £395 – full
- Additional masterclass – £45 (incl. dinner on Thursday and lunch on Friday).
Please note: An invoice will be sent to you on receipt of the form, payment will be required within 24 hours to secure your booking.
Please read the terms and conditions before making your booking.
What do I need to bring?
- A laptop and/or tablet would be useful for the research elements of the weekend.
- A towel for the hot tub
- Boots if you fancy a walk.
Where does the retreat take place?
The retreat is held just outside Bude in Cornwall. You can drive (Post Code EX23 9EQ) or use public transport from Exeter to Bude (runs every 2 hours or so).
author Website Masterclass
An additional author website masterclass is available on Friday morning for those able to add an extra day to the start of the retreat. The masterclass delves into the complexities of creating a writer and author website that works. Participants booking the masterclass will arrive on Thursday evening instead of Friday.
About the tutor – Linda Parkinson-Hardman
Linda is the best-selling author of several books, she also runs the international Hysteria Writing Competition – now in it’s 4th year. Her knowledge of all things digital and book related is extensive and, as a professional trainer, she is able to transfer her knowledge about what works, what doesn’t and why to even the most computer illiterate.
If you would like more information about the book marketing writing retreat then please email linda: email@example.com.