Friday Fictioneers – Misty

This is my latest contribution to Madison Woods, Friday Fictioneer challenge. For those who are unfamiliar with this Friday activity, it is a challenge set by Madison to write a 100 word flash fiction story based on the photo prompt you’ll find below. My enjoyment comes from reading the enormous variety of interpretations that come along in both short story and poetry formats. I hope you enjoy my own effort and if you would like to take part there are more details at the bottom of the post about how you can do so.

The photo this week is courtesy of Maggie Duncan and the usual restrictions apply, it is her copyright so please respect that. Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

***************************************************************************

Misty was up and out early, jogging through the centre of town, trying to clear her head from yet another night of worry and no sleep over the debts she had amassed.

One, she could rob the local bank; two, she could sell her body; three, she could do away with herself; four, she could just give in and go back home.

Weighing them all carefully in her mind, Misty realised there was only one option she was prepared to accept and headed up the drive of the local Art College to sign on as a life model!

(100 Words)

***************************************************************************

You can find a bunch of other observations and interpretations here: madison-woods.com/index-of-stories/082412-2/ and also by following the links in the box below. If you would like to take part in Madison Woods Friday Fictioneers you will need to visit this page on her website which explains what to do: madison-woods.com/photo-prompt-for-the-fridayfictioneers-6/. You can also join in on Facebook at: facebook.com/FridayFictioneers

58 thoughts on “Friday Fictioneers – Misty

1. dmmacilroy says:

Dear Linda,

I was pulling for Misty to break out a shotgun and mask and head for the bank. A lovely story with a great twist and perfect for the prompt.

Thanks for stopping by mine earlier today. i appreciate input from the female perspective.

Aloha,

Doug

2. The Writers Village says:

An easy and smooth read. Like Doug, I was for the great bank robbery (Bonnie and Clyde need to return in these days of oppressive banking politics) but i also admit I wanted to see a pic of here for #2 (lecherous old man that i am), never do #3 and we all do #4.
    Ah, but #5 – I draw – where is that school? Randy

3. rochellewisoff says:

Since Misty is jogging, she hopefully is better looking than some of the life models I was subjected to at the KC Art Institute LOL. Anyway. Nice twist. And haven’t we all been in debt at one time or another. We live in a world that encourages it.
    Really liked this piece. A rather unique take on the prompt. Thanks for commenting on mine.

4. Mike says:

Loved the name ‘Misty’
    Glad she went for the modelling option. If it doesn’t work she still has her other options to fall back on. The bank robbery would make another great story.

I might just explore that in another prompt Mike, for now though I was trying to rein back my darker side as the lovely steve has been getting a little worried about me … LOL πŸ™‚

5. billgncs says:

good one. When my oldest went to college, she called me and said, “Dad, I can get a job modeling for the art class”. I had to say, “Let’s hold off on that….”

I’ve often wondered about taking it up again now that I’m older, with more wrinkles etc … I did find it incredibly peaceful as all I had to do was think πŸ™‚

And it’s lovely to welcome you too Joanna. I’ve not taken part for a few weeks either, holiday and catching up seems to have caught me out, hopefully I’ll be back next week though πŸ™‚