What an interesting outcome from the social media in recruitment survey, there are some very surprising results which require a lot more analysis, but here is the bare bones version. A much fuller report will be available after the Christmas Holidays as it is going to take some time to tease everything out of the information that Michelle Fischer and I now have.
- The vast majority of companies recruit for less that 5 vacancies per year
- The most popular ways to recruit are Job Boards and Employee Referrals
- BUT – social media is EQUAL with the use of recruitment agencies coming in third place for popularity
- The vast majority of companies spend less than £500 on recruitment – regardless of the position being filled
- Almost 90% of respondents said their companies had used social media within the business
- YET just over 50% have used it in recruitment
- The top driver for using social media in recruitment is ‘reducing costs’
- Overwhelmingly though, businesses do NOT have a policy in place for using social media in their business – isn’t this a bit risky perhaps?
Keep an eye out in the New Year for the complete report and analysis which will also be emailed out to respondents who have requested it.