It is noticeable that we are coming up to Christmas. People are either in a panic about how much they still have to do before the Christmas break or they are already winding down and attending function after function. I’ve noticed it myself. I’ve not been well and my own activity has been ‘lacking’ should we say. I’ve also had some big projects and presentations to complete and prepare for, as well as the ‘usual running a business’ activities that take place on a day to day basis.
But, I think I said this in an earlier post – the lack of activity on my part to promote my ebook and this challenge has had a DRAMATIC effect on:
- traffic to the website AND
- consequently sales of the book
If there is one thing I’d like everyone to take away from my experience of setting this challenge up, is that Social Media Markerting WORKS, and it works quickly and very effectively …… BUT it is not a single, one off piece of work. It takes continuing effort and action on the part of the business manager to maintain the presence and ‘be seen’.
Sales and Statistics since December 6th
- The total number of books sold – 18
- The number of books sold online – 18
- The number of books sold for directly to people instead of online – 0
- The amount of money raised for charity – £24.00
- The amount paid out to affiliates too – £5.00
- The number of LinkedIn connections I have – 432