When it comes to marketing and social media it is worth bearing in mind that you can never know it all, and nor should you expect too. I was reminded of this quite forcibly during a conversation I had with Andy Lopata earlier today (thanks Andy, you put me back on track!), who very gently explained that I had forgotten one simple thing …. Give Back!
What I had forgotten in all the furore surrounding the LinkedIn Made Easy 30 day challenge, was to actually respond to the people who were kind enough to get in touch via the various media I’m using – and that it was most noticeable on Twitter. Those of you that follow me on Twitter may have noticed a ‘slight’ change to the way I normally use it today.
Sometimes, we can get carried away with thinking we already know it all and I’ve always been careful never to assume that I do. So I really do appreciate it when someone, anyone, points out to me that I could do something better. So thanks again Andy, you really, really helped me to focus on what’s important, AND what’s not!
By the way, for those of you who are unfamiliar with Andy’s work, he is literally Mr Network here in the UK.
- The total number of books sold since Friday – 36
- The number of books sold online – 36
- The number of books sold for directly to people instead of online – 0
- The amount of money raised for charity – £72
- The amount paid out to affiliates too – £30.00
- The number of LinkedIn connections I have – 414
- Some basic website statistics, such as number of visitors and pages viewed so far today – Visitors – 138, Pages Viewed – 456