Two days to go till D-Day. The project to sell 200,000 LinkedIn Made Easy e-Books in just 30 days starts formally on Monday 23rd November. The Information Scientist in me also needs to keep a record of what happens during this period of great change too, so I’m going to start with basic stats about what ACTUALLY happens in each daily diary entry. If there is anything you think you might like to see me record too, then let me know and I’ll keep track of that too.
This website launched at about 4.00pm yesterday, 20th November 2009, and so all the stats will be fairly fresh from that. What I want to prove is that social networking works for ALL businesses, whatever their size and starting point. Why? Well because it’s what I spend a lot of my time working on with clients.
Because I’m also what’s called a Social Entrepreneur, I also want to raise money for two purposes. Firstly, I want to send 40% of the money raised to charities that are focused on building entrepreneurial skills and employment opportunities, either in this country or in the developing world. Secondly, most of the remainder of the money will go to a own social enterprise that is very close to my own heart, The Hysterectomy Association.
So, to today’s stats:
- The total number of books sold – 7
- The number of books sold online – 5
- The number of books sold for directly to people instead of online – 2
- The amount of money raised for charity – £14.00
- The amount paid out to affiliates too – £0.00
- The number of LinkedIn connections I have – 340
- Some basic website statistics, such as number of visitors and pages viewed – Visitors – 72, Pages Viewed – 212