A really dear Aussie friend sent this to me and I think it’s words are very apt:
This is a nice reading but short. Enjoy! This is what The Dalai Lama has to say for 2006. All it takes is a few seconds to read and think over.
I N S T R U C T I O N S F O R L I FE
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Follow the three R ’s:
- Respect for self,
- Respect for others and
- Responsibility for all your actions.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so yo know how to break them properly.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great relationship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Spend some time alone every day.
- Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don ’t bring up the past.
- Share your knowledge.It is a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your ove for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you have had to give up in order to get it
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
PS I particularly like the last one! Linda