My last Thursday Throng Interview with the inestimable Rich Voza, elicited an unusual comment from Bittercharm who suggested that it might be nice, for a change, to interview me instead. Cue, one embarrassed Linda. Although you will often see me out and about on the web, and you may often spot my observations and opinions taking over, I’m really quite private and try not to put too much out about myself directly. So it is with much trepidation that I accepted the challenge. I warn you to proceed with caution.
1. What is your favorite quote, who is it from, and why?
My favourite quote is “If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you’ll feed him for a lifetime”, it’s an old chinese proverb and I use it in many places, on my LinkedIn profile for instance. The reason it resonates is because it’s what drives me to do the things I do.
2. Which song can bring you to tears or reminds you of your childhood?
3. What is one thing that keeps you going day in and day out?
The thought of failing.
4. Why did you start blogging?
Mostly to try software for my main website. I came across blogging in 1999 when I was on a cruise ship in the Atlantic and bored. I was running a website and had been for the previous 6 years, coding each page added by hand; I’d been told about content management systems but wasn’t convinced, surely a proper website didn’t use databases! Anyway, I found the original version of blogger and had a go and didn’t rate it much. Six years later I came across WordPress and loved it so much I converted my entire website to it. I’ve used WordPress software ever since in my web development business.
5. Is there one thing that you regret not doing in the past? If so, would you be willing to share what that was on here?
If I regretted doing not something I wouldn’t be doing what I’m doing now, so how can I regret anything?
6. What is one thing that you saw that restored your faith in the human race?
7. Rain or Sun?
Bit of both never hurt anyone
8. What movie had the most impact on you? (A movie that just really made you challenge your view on anything)
My favourite film is Picnic at Hanging Rock, I suppose it epitomizes all I think about conspiracy theories.
9. List five words that describe your character.
Stubborn, supportive, happy, workaholic, loving …. ?
10. What is your greatest fear?
11. What do you ultimately want to accomplish in the days to come?
Finish the 3rd Edition of ‘LinkedIn Made Easy’; publish ‘In My Own Words: Experiences of Hysterectomy’; publish ‘Hysteria 2012 – Anthology of Short Stories from the Hysteria 2012 Writing Competition’. Finally, get Hysteria 2013 off the ground on 1st April. Is that enough for the first quarter of the new year?