As I’m having to type these instructions out several times a week for authors requesting information about how to participate in my Thursday Throng Author Interview, I decided that having a dedicated set of guidelines could be helpful to both you and me. I’ve broken it down as far as I can and I’ve also included the interviews that are coming up in the future. You can find past author interviews by clicking here.
What Could You Expect from a Thursday Throng Interview?
After interviews have been published, I’ve heard from authors who have sold books immediately after both directly and indirectly; and I’ve heard from authors who have gained new clients and enquiries about work as a result of seeing them in the interview. I can’t say that every author has the same experience because it depends on many things, but one thing can make a big difference is offering a giveaway of some description.
The purpose of my style of interview is to provide a platform primarily for the author, and rather than their book/s; this is because I’m very interested in people, what makes them tick and what interests them, therefore the questions I ask reflect this.
The way it works is that I send over a set of questions and you must answer the first one, you then pick between five and ten of the remaining ones – it’s entirely up to you which ones you choose to answer; personally, I love the more interesting ones as this can be far more enjoyable for the readers.
If you would like me to do a review then I will need a review copy, in a format suitable for the Kindle as this is easiest for me to read. The reviews I do are then placed into the interview, on Amazon US, Amazon UK and Goodreads as well. There is no need for you to have a review of a book, as I said this is platform more for the author and not a book.
The only books I won’t review are horror and erotica – just because I’m uncomfortable reading them, but this doesn’t mean you can’t have an interview as I’m happy to interview anyone and everyone that might be of interest to my readers.
If you would like to have a giveaway then I’m happy to do that as well – in my experience the ones that get the most interest are for physical copies but it’s up to you as you would have to be prepared to ship a copy anywhere worldwide.
I need a good head and shoulders photo of you, the author, as everyone will want to see your lovely face; and I need a good quality image of your book cover. The final essential elements are the links to your website, books on Amazon and any social accounts (Twitter, Facebook) you might have.
I tweet about the interview regularly through the week and then on an ad-hoc basis thereafter and I add you to my new Thursday Throng Twitter list. The interview also goes to my Facebook Page and is added to my LinkedIn account as a Status Update and blog post; it also goes to a group or two on LinkedIn that I’m a member of. Finally it goes to my Goodreads author account as a new blog post. If you have a Twitter account I’ll follow you, and if you have a Facebook page I’ll come and like you too.
- Check the list below to see when the next slots are available – they tend to fill up months in advance so be prepared for a wait.
- Send an email to linda (@) lindaph.me with a request, letting me know that you’ve read the guidelines and, if you can, send over any files you can such as review copies, photos and images.
- Tell me the date you are thinking of
- I’ll send back the questionnaire to you
- As soon as I get the questionnaire back I can confirm the date – until then it’s on a first come, first served basis
Forthcoming Thursday Throng Interviews
I’m now starting to put them in for August and September 2013 – which is a long time away I know, but I seem to get booked up.
- Nicky Wells – 23th May
- Dave Sivers – 30th May
- Guilhermo – Tavares – 6th June
- Julieanne Lynch – 13th June
- Robin Leigh – 20th June
- Richard Phillips – 27th June
- Patsy Collins – 4th July
- Chaz Moorcroft – 11th July
- Will Macmillan Jones – 18th July
- Kim Maya Sutton – 25th July
- Laurie Boris – 1st August
- Jamie Baywood – 8th August
- Sheryl Browne – 15th August
- Bruce Moore – 22nd August
- Louise West – 29th August
- Fiona Ross – 5th September